Perfect in Print and Online
As a writer, you want the reassurance that your words are as perfect as can be and will make an impact for all the right reasons.
If you run a small business, it’s important that the words which create your brand and your professional image present you in the best possible light.
By far the best way to achieve that is to have a trusted second pair of eyes look over your work, before you hit the “publish” button.
They can ensure that it's error-free, logical and easy to read, and makes you look good in print!
They say a book is judged by its cover - in the digital age, we are judged by the content we publish!
Authors & Writers
Do you know what kind of editor you need?
It’s a rare thing to find someone who can provide every kind of edit you need. In a nutshell there are at least 3 kinds:
- A proofreader crosses every T and dots every I in your writing, but won’t make deep sweeping changes to the context.
- A developmental editor provides plot and characterisation guidance while your book is still being written.
- A copy-editor does a deep-edit on your existing writing.
- A copywriter writes content on your behalf from scratch.
Overall, a good editor gives your book a far greater chance of getting published!
Why does your business need a proofreader?
If you don’t have an actual office or premises, a website is a virtual shop window.
It needs to look bright and sparkly so it appeals to your customers to look inside!
You know your own business inside-out. But when you try to explain to someone what you do, are you stuck for words?
An editor or proofreader can make your words crisper and more elegant while retaining your unique voice.
They can weed out those errors or inconsistencies that could make your business look less credible than a competing better-presented site.
Or a copywriter can write your copy for you.
Other services available:
- translation for non-UK businesses
- international businesses needing UK English language materials
- attention-grabbing ideas for headlines or titles
- dissertation and thesis reviews
- resumés and CVs